Every woman in Germany is entitled to a midwife
The services of a midwife are regulated by law and are covered by all statutory health insurance companies, private health insurance companies (please note your personal contract) and social welfare offices.
Midwifery services before birth include:
- advice and help with discomforts during pregnancy
- participation in a birth preparation course
- prenatal checkups
- home birth
- help during a miscarriage
- postnatal home visits
- participation in a postnatal course
- breastfeeding advice
- consultations on baby nutrition within the first 9 months
Benefits for self-payers like privately insured women are not regulated by law. These include acupuncture, acutaping and various massage techniques. For further information and costs please contact your midwife.
More information can be found at hebammengesetz.de